I love making lists! They keep me organized and prioritized. I keep lists in my iPhone of favorite TV shows, movies I want to see, work to-do's, checklists for packing, grocery lists and oh yes - my Summer Bucket List!
As a mom of 3 busy boys I've 'accidentaly on purpose' currated a list of kid-friendly activities - thing we have done and want to do again, or new things to try - during the summer months. At times I have shared my "Summer Bucket List" with friends or on social media and had an overwhelmingly positive reaction and I've always found it helpful in guiding our summer to ensure we get out and explore!!! So I figured why not take it one step further, add some links, build out the list of tried and true activities and share with some more explorers!
Please email me if you have something to add to the list! I love hearing about things to do!
- Geocaching (( what is geocaching? ))
- Walk, bike or jog the extensive pathway system in Okotoks
- Climb the Big Rock / Okotoks erratic
- Saturday, August 18 - 12:00 - 3:00 PM - 4th Annual Pop Up in The Park - a free event open to all Okotoks families to celebrate local talent with fantastic stage performances. This year's location is at Minue Park in Westmount, surrounded by Westmount Way and Westland Street.
- Okotoks Spray Park & Skate Park
- Picnic at The Piano - enjoy a free, noon-hour outdoor concert at the Olde Towne Plaza (( see dates ))
- Drop by the Calgary Humane Society to play with animals, maybe take one home!
- Explore St. Patirck's Island - wilderness setting with a playground, picnic area, low rise channel for river access, boardwalk, bridge access to East Village & more!
- Bike & picnic in Fish Creek Park (( maybe stop by Annies Cafe for an ice cream cone?! ))
- Eau Claire wading pool & spray park
- Riley Park wading pool
- Bowness Park wading pool & spray park
- South Glenmore spray park
- Click here for a list of public wading pools, spray parks & outdoor pools in Calgary
- Bike around Glenmore reservoir
- Explore Olde Towne Okotoks
- High River Farmer's Market - Downtown High River
- The Dewdney Players present 'Alice @ Wonderland' - July 20-22 & 27-29 at the Okotoks Plaza - admission by donation
- Participating Ciniplex Theaters will be screening "Family Favourites" on Wednesday mornings during July & August for $ 2.99 admission - click here for more info
- Drop in to the Okotoks Rec Center for a numer of activities
- Glow Bowling @ Milenium Lanes in Okotoks - Friday & Saturday nights starting @ 5:00 PM
- Okotoks Dawgs Baseball - berm seating is only $10 and kids under 12 are FREE! (( bring your lawn chair or blanket ))
- Full Moon Ghost Tour - tickets are $5 each - an eerie look at Okotoks' ghostly past.
- Millarville Market - Saturday's - $3 per car entry
- "Take a Kid to The Course" - kids 16 & under golf free with a paid adult at participating courses, severl in Calgary and Okotoks
- Mini Masters for KidSport Okotoks - Saturday Aug 25 @ Crystalridge Mini Golf Course (( all mini golf proceeds will be donated to KidSport Okotoks + kids 16 & under can enter to win an iPad mini ))
- Mini golf @ Crystalridge Golf Club
- Kayben Farm's Sunshine Adventure Park
- Granary Road
- Regal Cat Cafe - drop in for coffee or tea and play with some kitty's! Also offering cat yoga, Kitii Paint Parti & more!
- Calgary Corn Maze or Cobb's Corn Maze & Adventure Park
- Studio Bell
- Telus Spark Science Center
- Kid Friendly Escape rooms in Calgary
- Calgary Zoo
- Calaway Park
- Heritage Park
- Calgary Tower's glass floor
- Calgary Stampeders Football - Family Fun Zone (( buy one adult ticket, get a child ticket for free ))
- Calgary Stampede "Value Days" including the popular Family Day with free addmission
- Discovery Canyon Park in Red Deer - beach area, lazy river with tube rentals, concession, playground & more (( leave the K9's at home though, no dogs allowed ))
- Canmore's Elevation Place - offering a large pool, climbing wall & more!
- Hike Troll Falls in K-country, and if you're feeling adventurous hike the "behind falls"
- Johnston Canyon